Beaver Scouts are young boys and girls usually aged between six and eight years old. They belong to the first and youngest section in the scouting family. Our colonies are friendly and active places for your child to join – we get up to all sorts of things, including day visits, sleepovers, arts and crafts, exploring the outdoors and much more!
We have two colonies – Mountain, which meets on Thursday evenings, and Forests, which meets on Fridays.
- please make sure your child arrives to start by 6 pm. Time is limited and we don’t like eating into our hour by waiting for late arrivals
- if your child is not attending, please let us know (email or text is fine) by 5 pm
- please try and park on Watford Road rather than use our small and muddy car park, particularly in the dark and wet, unless you’re helping that evening (another bonus reason to volunteer!)
- we are always happy to talk about badges, events etc but – like at school – it is better to do that at the end of the evening unless it’s something that’s going to affect your child whilst they are there that night
- we ask the Beavers to sit in the hall and ask for you to come and collect your child at the end of the evening rather than the other way round